add php code into copyright area

• Support OnlineSat-Thu / 9:30am - 5:30pm (GMT +6)
  • Your Time Our Time

Support Home Support Home EcoHosting WordPress Theme add php code into copyright area

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

I am trying to add php code for a dynamic year display

like this

Copyright <?php echo date('Y'); ?> ©

but it returns nothing when i view the site. how can we make php code work from these fields?

John
    Participant

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by John.

Hi John,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

However, there will not support/work any PHP code in the copyright area. You will able to add only the HTML <a></a> tag in the copyright area.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

John
    Participant

thanks but a automatically updated copyright date just makes the most sense, please consider adding this feature.

John
    Participant

or what about allowing shortcode, and then can use a plugin to make it work? i can hack it with a child theme but i’d rather not.

Hi John,

We have listed your request about copyright in our theme update list. We will try to add a feature to update the year automatically, but it’s not possible to allowing PHP on that field.

Moreover, based on the theme development process, there has no shortcode feature by default. However, if you want to hack it with yourself, then you could.

Furthermore, please learn more our support policy (item support includes & not includes), here https://www.themelooks.com/support/support-policy/ before post a topic or ask a question.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
happy hour