Blog Section

• Support OnlineSat-Thu / 9:30am - 5:30pm (GMT +6)
  • Your Time Our Time

Support Home Support Home CVIT HTML Template Blog Section

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Marcin Switalski
    Participant

I’m completely new to building sites, so I try to adapt CVIT to my needs. It is awesome and very flexible even for a person like me without any coding skills.

Is there any way to set up the blog, that on the default after loading the page up it displays nothing or one particular post or subject (tag)?

I would appreciate your support very much.

Best regards
    Marcin

Dear Marcin,

You are have bought the static HTML version of CVIT where the blog section is just a design to show how the blog will look like. It’s not a dynamic template. In this case, you need to dynamic the blogging system using our template design OR you could buy and use CVIT WordPress Theme https://themeforest.net/item/cvit-multipurpose-personal-portfolio-vcard-cv-resume-wordpress-theme/19507134

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Marcin Switalski
    Participant

Dear Support Team,

I have bought CVIT HTML to avoid WorldPress. It’s been a long journey and a steep learning curve for me to make to this point of my website. I think I have crossed a ‘no-return’ point when bought another year of CVIT HTML support last week.

Also I don’t plan to populate the blog with many posts, so I don’t really need it as in CVIT WP version.

I appreciate there are limits to your advise as customisation is not not a part of the code, however in this case perhaps you could give me a hand hel me better understand what needs to be done, to set-up the default blog I aim for. Like a road map, or something…

Best regards
    Marcin

Dear Marcin,

Please learn more about the Envato Market (themeforest) item support policy (item support includes & not includes), here https://themeforest.net/page/item_support_policy

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Marcin Switalski
    Participant

Dear Support Team,

I know the policy, but I’m not sure why do you interpret it so conservatively. I’m not trying to change functionality or deign of your product, but I’m trying to understand how it works and adjust it to my needs.

Please note that this is a template, so by its nature it suppose to be a universal starting point for the many users of which each and everyone want to adjust it to individual preferences.

I’m not asking you about customisation, but where in the code I can choose which posts (by particular tags) in the section of the blog are going to be displayed as default, and how that code works.

I will look for the freelance to work on my page once the fundamental structure and visuals are in place and tested with my audience.

Best regards
    Marcin

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Marcin Switalski. Reason: typing error
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Marcin Switalski. Reason: trying error

Dear Marcin,

We are sorry for the misunderstanding.

Actually, we didn’t understand your requirements. Could you please explain in detail?

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Marcin Switalski
    Participant

Thank you for keeping the question open.

Currently when the page is loaded all posts are displayed at once.

To me it looks like the blog’s filter is set to show all categories

!– Posts Filter Menu Start –>
    <div class=”posts-filter-menu”>

• All
    • I’ve thought that perhaps a different post category can be chosen for load by default, when website is open.

That would be a massive help in many things I plan for the section, but I don’t know were to start and how.

I would appreciate your help very, very much.

Dear Marcin,

We used there isotope. You could try to find out the option on their documentation https://isotope.metafizzy.co/filtering.html

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Marcin Switalski
    Participant

Thank you – I have checked it before and once again very recently, but nothing really stands out as solution. I think the variations of plugin available on web make things a bit more complicated.

My question related to the subject would be about quick navigation bar. It is opened by default but it can be closed. Interesting you have prepared the template the way that even if quick nav bar is closed all the posts items are loaded up and displayed.

Can this be somehow fixed? So when the Quick Nav Bar is closed post are hidden?

Dear Marcin,

The filter menu is only for post-filtering by filter category, nothing else. There is no relation between the filter menu with the post-loading. It works when all posts were loaded it just filter the posts by filter category. If you hide the filter menu somehow even then the posts will load.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
happy hour