Button options

• Support OnlineSat-Thu / 9:30am - 5:30pm (GMT +6)
  • Your Time Our Time

Support Home Support Home VirtuSky WordPress Theme Button options

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    iain Bayly
    Participant

Hi there good people

I noticed in your default buttons, there is no option to open in a new page or not. Could this be added easily? If so, would you mind sharing some of the brain power and help me add this option.

I don’t want all buttons to open in new windows (tabs) just have the option for the external ones to open that way so the user does not leave the site.

Hi iain,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

However, in this issue, you need to hire someone else to customize all of the button code.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

iain Bayly
    Participant

Hi there

ok, will do, but one needs to understand this is not a “design” issue, it’s a basic function issue that your design is flawed in. No one should allow their user to leave their website to have to manually navigate back to. This is just lazy coding.

We are really sorry to say that, it’s confusing to understand your issue. Could you please explain us with details with some screenshot?

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

iain Bayly
    Participant

Can’t screenshot a function.

See the attached button for an example

I have this go to my facebook page. But I don’t want the facebook page to open in the current window, I want it to open in a new window.

In code it would be written with this at the end of the URL (target=”_blank”) so it opens that URL in a new window. Your theme does not have the option to even add this code to the URL. So having a checkbox asking if you want it to open in a new window or not would be handy (and basic) so the user does not need to lose the website they are on.

https://ibb.co/crbvGR

Now it’s clear.

However, we have listed this in our theme update list. We will try to add the feature in our future update of the theme.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

iain Bayly
    Participant

Doesn’t need to be left that long. even if you point to where you code is hiding for these buttons on the homepage I can manually add this to it.

Please follow the steps from the screenshot below to edit the code for the button.

https://prnt.sc/h0udb1

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

iain Bayly
    Participant

thanks but that’s not the button I am referring to

On the home page you have three main sections with buttons (like the image I provided, not the slider)

the code you have for the button is

[service subtitle="Website" title="Tech Support" servicelists="%5B%7B%22icon%22%3A%22fa%20fa-check%22%2C%22list%22%3A%22FREE%20Technical%20advice%22%7D%2C%7B%22icon%22%3A%22fa%20fa-check%22%2C%22list%22%3A%22Paid%20Technical%20Service%22%7D%2C%7B%22icon%22%3A%22fa%20fa-check%22%2C%22list%22%3A%22Easy%20access%20to%20contact%22%7D%2C%7B%22icon%22%3A%22fa%20fa-check%22%2C%22list%22%3A%22If%20it's%20urgent%2C%20then%20it's%20urgent%22%7D%5D" btntext="Click to fix" target=" blank" btnurl="https://www.facebook.com/pg/masterwebsitedesign/services/"]

The target=” blank” is there, but does not work. The only possible reason is there is a conflict in your coding. I am trying to find out where this would be as this is a development flaw, not a design issue. If this conflict exists here, I wonder if there are other conflicts?

We are sorry for the misunderstanding.

Please follow the steps from the screenshot below to edit the code for the button.

https://prnt.sc/h17qn2

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

iain Bayly
    Participant

Thank you for this. at the risk of sounding ungrateful, this now makes all buttons open in a new window (tab). Is there an option somewhere to be able to determine which buttons are to open a new tab and which just go to another page within the site?

We are really sorry to say that, there has no more options available at this moment based on your needs.

However, we have listed this in our theme update list. We will try to add the feature in our future update of the theme.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
happy hour