Button Social Networking Button (Facebook and RSS)

• Home
  • Topics
  • Button Social Networking Button (Facebook and RSS)
  • Support OnlineSat-Thu / 9:30am - 5:30pm (GMT +6)
  • Your Time Our Time

Support Home Support Home ForumUS phpbb 3.3.x Style Button Social Networking Button (Facebook and RSS)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Wellington Oliveira
    Participant

Hello,
    Good afternoon!

I have 2 problems:

1) The button to access social networks (Facebook), when clicked opens in the same window. How do I open in a new window or tab without leaving the forum?

2) How to disable to not appear the RSS access icon in the forum. Currently clicking opens code mode in RSS feed. I prefer it to be hidden. How can I do this?

Waiting for an answer.
    Greetings!

Wellington

Wellington Oliveira
    Participant

As for ITEM No. 2, I have already been able to solve it.
    The answer to ITEM 1 remains.
    Thank you.

Wellington

Hi Wellington,

We are really sorry to say that there has no pre-built option to do those based on the style/theme UI development process. In this issue, you need to customize/edit the style/theme code based on your needs and requirements.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Wellington Oliveira
    Participant

Dear Sirs,

Adaptation and correction is something that requires urgency.
    It does not seem very rational, logical and practical for the user to be inside the forum and that by clicking on the social networking button he is expelled to a page outside the forum. This does not make sense and so I think this adaptation has to be the priority list of forumUS style fixes.
    Could you please indicate if a correction is possible through the source code and how should I do this?

Wait.

Wellington

Hi Wellington,

We are really sorry to say that we can’t agree with you that it does not seem very rational, logical and practical. Because if users want to visit the social media page in a new tab then the user should click on the mouse right button to open the page in a new tab as we can’t force a user to open the pages in a new tab.

However, if you want to force your user then you could add the target="_blank" attribute there. You will find out the header social icons in the forumus\template\overall_header.html file. After then find the comment <!-- Header Social Links Start --> and footer about widget social icons in the forumus\template\overall_footer.html file. After then find the comment <!-- Footer About Widget Start -->

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Wellington Oliveira
    Participant

Good afternoon!
    I appreciate the guidance and help.
    I have already achieved what I wanted.
    Thank you so much.

Wellington

You are always welcome!

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
happy hour