CVIT Hire Form Questions

• Support OnlineSat-Thu / 9:30am - 5:30pm (GMT +6)
  • Your Time Our Time

Support Home Support Home CVIT CVIT Hire Form Questions

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Michael Gross
    Participant

The CVIT Hire Form is not sending out emails to the email address that we have set for “Mail To” field under CVIT Hire Form Settings. I’ve tried both a @gmail address and a @hotmail address. The contact form response is not being sent.

Emails are being received from the Contact 7 forms, so we know emails are working.

Also, it appears that the “budget selection box” is a required field. Meaning, unless a user selects an option in that field dropdown they cannot submit the form. We would like to have this field NOT required.

Thanks

Michael Gross
    Participant

Ok, looks like I figured out the mailing issue. We are receiving the Hire form now.

But, how to make the Budget Field, or actually ALL fields NOT required?

Dear Michael,

Please watch this video tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxNDIc3Z0NA&list=PLbmIKrgYlRbq9I5C4_GZN7yBCGgddhprP&index=1

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Michael Gross
    Participant

So, this video DID NOT answer the question I posted above.

I need to make the BUDGET field NOT REQUIRED.

Michael Gross
    Participant

I see the code here in cvit-hire.php

<div class=”col-md-6 budget”>
    <select name=”hire_budget” id=”hire_budget” class=”bg-fa-caret-down SelectMenu” required >
    <?php
    $budgetTitle = cvit_opt( ‘cvit_hiring_budgetboxtitle’ );
    if( $budgetTitle ){
    $budgetTitle = $budgetTitle;
    }else{
    $budgetTitle = esc_html__( ‘-Budget-‘, ‘cvit’ );
    }
    ?>
    <option value=””><?php echo $budgetTitle; ?></option>
    <?php
    $budgets = cvit_opt(‘cvit_hiring_budget’);
    if( is_array( $budgets ) ){

foreach( $budgets as $budget ){

echo ‘<option value=”‘.esc_attr( $budget[‘title’] ).'”>’.esc_html( $budget[‘title’] ).'</option>’;
    }

}
    ?>
    </select>
    </div>

But when I remove the “Required” I get an error. What am I doing wrong?

Dear Michael,

Please provide us a screenshot of the error to review.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Michael Gross
    Participant

Please go to my site here:

Home

You will see a CONTACT MARK button in the navigation that opens up the CVIT Hire Form.

If you do not fill in certain fields (that may not be relevant) like Budget or Requested Date, then you cannot send the request.
    When you click on the SEND REQUEST button it doesn’t send. It doesn’t even put up an error telling the user that these fields are required.

If a user only fills in the Name, Email and Message fields they should be able to send a message.

Apparently all fields are REQUIRED, we don’t want all required. We want most to be optional.

Dear Michael,

The REQUIRED works for HTML form validation but there has a server-side validation that also needs to edit to get it work. Please check out this screenshot as a reference https://prnt.sc/124stjx

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
happy hour