Extras Charged Twice (No Multilanguage)

• Support OnlineSat-Thu / 9:30am - 5:30pm (GMT +6)
  • Your Time Our Time

Support Home Support Home FoodBook Extras Charged Twice (No Multilanguage)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Daniel S
    Participant

Hello,

We’ve been experiencing issues with this plugin where extras are charged twice. This does not show on the cart or checkout page, but once a customer completes an order the invoice and order information shows the duplicate charge, which is being taken from their account.

The issue does not happen on every order, but we have been unable to find commonalities between those affected as they have different order times, products, payment gateways etc.

The only way I can consistently replicate the issue is by using PayPal checkout (with the popup) which shows the total at the incorrect amount, however, please note this also occurs with Stripe and other PayPal methods randomly as previously stated.

Having looked over this support site, I see 2 other instances where this has happened but both of these are on sites that have plugins such as WPML where you have identified that is the cause. On a staging site, I disabled all plugins except FoodBook, WooCommerce, and the Paypal plugin as well as reset to a default theme and the issue still happens.

Please can you assist as this is not good for custom.

Hello Daniel,

Please provide your wp-admin (URL, Username & Password) access using our Envato Market (codecanyon) profile contact form https://codecanyon.net/user/themelooks#contact (screenshot as reference https://prnt.sc/10o0iwt ) including this support topic link as a reference to review the issue to assist.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Daniel S
    Participant

Thank you, is there a way to have the plugin work on our staging site so I can give you access to that instead rather than the live site where people are placing orders? The staging site is in a subdirectory/subfolder e.g. Domain.com/staging

Thanks

Hello Daniel,

You can deactivate the license from the existing domain.

There is an option to activate the plugin on a new domain/sub-domain/directory/sub-directory, you need to deactivate the purchase code/license from the existing domain/sub-domain/directory/sub-directory where it is installed now.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Hello Daniel,

We are sorry to say that we didn’t find the issue. Could you please provide a screen video recording to review the issue?

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Daniel S
    Participant

Hello,

Apologies, the checkout wasn’t set up in the way that most reliably shows the issue. I’ve changed that now. As I said previously, the issue only shows 100% of the time if this plugin is used for the gateway, but shows some of the time when the standard stripe and paypal payments plugins are used. Please check again to see the issue, see the video attached and also look at some of the previous orders (e.g. 5747 & 5748) that had this issue.

Here’s the screen recording showing the issue: https://streamable.com/tbt0fz

You can see the extra items with a total of £7 are being charged twice, making the total £22 instead of £15

Thanks

Hello Daniel,

We have double-checked our plugin and we didn’t find any issue like this with our plugin. You can also check our plugin live demo as a reference.

Moreover, it can be a 3rd party plugin conflict or plugin outdated issue. Please update all of your outdated plugins and deactivate 3rd party plugins one by one to check the issue in which the plugin conflicts with the FoodBook.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Daniel S
    Participant

Hello,

As written in my initial message, we have already disabled all plugins and changed themes yet the issue still persists, is there anything else that could be causing this if it presents with only FoodBook, the Paypal gateway and WooCommerce active?

Regards

Hello Daniel,

If you have any Woocommerce related plugins then update the plugins. Also, we have updated the FoodBook plugin. Please download and use the updated plugin to check the issue.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Daniel S
    Participant

Hello,

I have updated the Foodbook plugin as suggested, along with all WooCommerce related plugins, and the issue still persists. In the last couple of days, one customer was charged twice for the extras.

Regards

Hello Daniel,

As we mentioned before, “we have double-checked our plugin and we didn’t find any issue like this with our plugin. You can also check our plugin live demo as a reference.”

Moreover, could you please reinstall it from the sketch to check the issue?

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Daniel S
    Participant

Hello,

Unfortunately, that’s where I’m struggling. If the issue presents with all other plugins disabled and across different themes, I don’t understand what else could be causing it. I installed the plugin fresh after downloading from codecanyon and yet the issue still occurs. Just this weekend two further orders had their extras duplicated.

Daniel

Hello Daniel,

We are also unable to understand why you are getting this issue where our plugin has no issue. Also, none of our other customers has an issue like this.

However, we have listed this in our plugin update list to recheck the issue on our next update of the plugin.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
happy hour