I installed the CoSolu theme but when I try to import the demo data using the plugin, I get a 404 error. I reinstalled WordPress and tried to use the WordPress importer but got the same error. I got it to work prior to the 2.4 update so I know that it works. Please advise on how I can import the demo data. Thanks!
Please provide your website URL and a screenshot of the issue to review.
Moreover, you could follow the steps below to fix the issue.
1. Please make sure you have the latest version of WordPress and update your hosting server PHP version to minimum 7.1 or newer. ***recommended***
2. Reinstall a new WordPress with a new database or install and use wp reset plugin to reset your WordPress database
3. Then install the theme (follow the steps from the provided documentation)
4. Then install all of the required plugins (follow the steps from the provided documentation)
5. Then active all of the installed plugins (follow the steps from the provided documentation)
6. Activate your purchase key/license
7. Then import all of the demo data (wait until all of the demo data are imported completely)
8. Reset permalinks. You could follow these steps https://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/wordpress/reset-permalinks/
I uninstalled WordPress and reinstalled.
I followed the instructions in this post and in the documentation.
I am running WordPress 5.4.2 and PHP 7.2
I also tried using the WordPress importer and go the same 404 error.
Here is the log file from the one-setp importer:
The import files for: CoSolu Demo were successfully downloaded!
Initial max execution time = 300
Site URL = http://dev.acstek.us
Data file = *DELETED*/wp-content/themes/cosolu/inc/cosolu-framework/demo-data/quickfix-demo.xml
Widget file = *DELETED*/wp-content/themes/cosolu/inc/cosolu-framework/demo-data/quickfix-widgets-demo.json
Customizer file = not defined!
cosolu_opt -> *DELETED*/wp-content/themes/cosolu/inc/cosolu-framework/demo-data/redux_options_demo_vr1.json
When I made the change and the problem still existed, I removed the changes to the PHP ini file because I thought that maybe I did it wrong. Can you add the changes correctly and then test the import function?