Installation Error

• Support OnlineSat-Thu / 9:30am - 5:30pm (GMT +6)
  • Your Time Our Time

Support Home Support Home CoSolu WordPress Theme Installation Error

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Manan
    Participant

I downloaded the theme yesterday and tried to add it to my Godaddy Windows hosting after setting up wordpress in there. I was facing issues while I tried to use the Add new theme option. So I went in the root directory and uploaded the theme.zip. The theme then showed up, and I could activate it.

But then, when I am trying to install the plugins, I always get 500 internal server error. I refresh the page, and get the same error. Then I go back to the install page, and at random times, it will show that the plugin has been installed.

I was somehow able to install 4 or 5 plugins, but I am stuck here. I still have to install the WooCommerce, Redux Framework, WPBakery Visual Composer, and Yoast SEO. These seem to never be installed.

Godaddy said the issue is not from their end. I asked another WordPress developer, and he mentioned it might be theme issues, since he never faced such problems with other theme. Could you please give me some information on what am I doing wrong?

Need to finish a project in 15 days. Would appreciate quick response.

Hi Manan,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please follow the steps below.

1. Please make sure you have the latest version of WordPress and update your server PHP version to minimum 5.6.25 or newer.
    2. Clean your full database “OR” reinstall a new WordPress with a new database
    3. Then install the theme (follow the steps from the provided documentation)
    4. Then install all of the required plugins (follow the steps from the provided documentation)
    5. Then active all of the installed plugins (follow the steps from the provided documentation)
    6. Then import all of the demo data (wait until all of the demo data are imported completely)

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Manan
    Participant

Hey, I have followed the first 4 steps exactly as mentioned by you in your reply. With some issues in between, I was able to reach the plugin install stage.
    I also increased the PHP.ini memory limit to 128MB.

When I was installing all the plugins, it would show “Installing Plugin WPBakery Visual Composer (1/2)” but would just stay there for hours. Then if I refresh the page, it would give 500 internal server error. And then, if I click on the back button to go back to the installation page, it would show that 3 plugins were installed and 5 are still left to be installed.
    I could install most of the plugins except 5 of them.

Currently, I am stuck at WP Bakery Composure. The issue I am facing is that it is stuck at “Installing Plugin WPBakery Visual Composer (1/2)” and not moving forward like I previously mentioned.
    I think this plugin is not available on WordPress because I cannot click on its name to read the description. Can you make sure that this required plugin is available. Also, is this a paid plugin that I need to buy and install it in a different way??

Also, how important are the recommended plugins? What difference would it make if I do not install them? I am really struggling with just the installation and hope there won’t be any issues while development.

Hoping for a quick reply.

Manan
    Participant

Could you just send me the zip file for this plugin, and I could try to upload it through File Manager, and then activate all the required plugins?

Also, if that doesn’t work, what is the best way to use this theme since I want to make a wordpress website using this exact theme, or something very similar to it.

Manan
    Participant

The following is the error I get:

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Based on your last message this is all about your server issue. Also, we have double checked everything and there was no issue with our theme.

In this issue, you could try another server.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

elumenous
    Participant

I’ve read the forums and it looks like the installation errors I’m getting is related to running your themes on GoDaddy servers, which I am.

It seems no fix has been recommended and no resolution has been made for previous posters on this forum.

I was looking for a quick way to get a portfolio up and loved the CVIT design, but if I can’t get this resolved, I’d like to request a refund. I’ve never had any problems installing a WP Theme in the past. This is the first time.

Please advise.

Hi elumenous,

Please let us know your server PHP version.

If your server PHP version is below 5.6.25 then update your hosting server PHP version to minimum 5.6.25 or newer. After then let us know that your issue has been fixed or not.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Manan
    Participant

Hey,
    To be honest, your suggestions did not help me at all. I spent more than 5-6 days to look for the solution and had to eventually hire someone else to fix it. So yes, this theme is very difficult to work with and install. Please do not assume my issues were fixed just because I did not respond.

Thanks.

elumenous
    Participant

Good news. After requesting that GoDaddy upgrade to PHP version, the 5.6 upgrade has completed. Now that I’ve waited at least 24 hours for GoDaddy to upgrade, it now works!

Thanks!

Hi elumenous,

If you need more assistance then, please create your own topic without giving a reply to another’s post. Because the post creator can feel bothered to get unexpected notifications of every reply.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
happy hour