multi-language site no longer work with core plugin

• Home
  • Topics
  • multi-language site no longer work with core plugin
  • Support OnlineSat-Thu / 9:30am - 5:30pm (GMT +6)
  • Your Time Our Time

Support Home Support Home EcoHosting WordPress Theme multi-language site no longer work with core plugin

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    monty66
    Participant

the new ECOhosting core plugin no longer works with a multi language site …
    If I activate the core network-wide, the license code is requested for the first language, but it is not working anymore for the other languages.
    The multilanguage setup works via mod_rewrite:
    mydomain.tld/ > german (works)
    mydomain.tld/en/ > english (core not available)
    mydomain.tld/fr/ > french (core not available)

If I activate the plugin, this only works for the first language for all other languages it shows:
    Your key has been installed on another domain

But it’s the same domain name with a re-write the other languages as all the years before.

Hi,

For your kind information, a license is for only using one active domain or sub-domain or directory or sub-directory. There is no way to activate a license twice at a time. To activate the theme on a new domain or sub-domain or directory or sub-directory, you need to deactivate the license from the existing domain or sub-domain or directory or sub-directory where it installed now OR you could buy another license to use the theme separately (for testing purpose or anything else) in a separate domain or sub-domain or directory or sub-directory.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

monty66
    Participant

before we bought the theme 4 years ago we have explicitly asked whether this theme works for a multisite and your answer was yes.
    It was only for this reason that we bought a license because we always used a multilingual site and the core plugin always worked before.

clarification:
    – we ONLY use the theme for one domain, this is not a multisite using different domain or subdomains
    – wordpress is installaed in a single folder, there are no different or additional installation folders

Hi,

We are sorry to say that 4 years ago we didn’t have any licensing system. That’s why people started misuse our theme, made NULL files, and so on.

Moreover, still our theme supports multisite but it needs a different license.

Could you please let us know how many languages do you have on your website?

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

monty66
    Participant

Thank You for reply!
    We use 4 languages and we bought 2 licenses, one for our development (test) system and one for productive use.
    We are a professional and reputable provider and do not share any software licenses.

The WordPress installation is located in a single folder, so the license checker should check for the real path [realpath()] not the URL which is mostly rewritten for SEO purposes.

Regards

Hi,

Please let us know, how many extra licenses do you need based on your purpose?

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

monty66
    Participant

for the test (dev) installation I can live with a single license, but for productive multi-site the license check ask for 3 further licenses.

Is there no other easy way e.g. realpath check or a core module which checks the domain and ignores a simulated folder rewrite?

Hi,

We are sorry to say that there is no other way.

In this issue, we can provide a 50% discount for those 3 extra licenses or we can provide 4 websites permission for your existing license for the same cost.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

monty66
    Participant

I was able to make the previous ecohosting theme compatible to wordpress 5.6 with a WP plugin

Enable jQuery Migrate Helper

So I don’t have to switch to ecohosting v 3.8 right now …
    I will wait until ecohosting is compatible with a WP multisite setup again and a real_path check has been implemented, according to the license policy of ThemeForest.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘multi-language site no longer work with core plugin’ is closed to new replies.