New Pages with WordPress Default Theme not displaying page content

• Home
  • Topics
  • New Pages with WordPress Default Theme not displaying page content
  • Support OnlineSat-Thu / 9:30am - 5:30pm (GMT +6)
  • Your Time Our Time

Support Home Support Home OrDomain WordPress Theme New Pages with WordPress Default Theme not displaying page content

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rich Hearn
    Participant

Hi

Your HTML guide for OrDomain theme states “Create any page using default template.”

I have created a page with default theme and it does not display any content. Nor does the Sidebar display any widgets next to the page content (even when the Visibility of those widgets). There is no other information in your help guide as to what is required to allow a page with Default template to display correctly.

How do I get this page type to display?

Thanks
    Rich

Hi Rich,

Please watch the video tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkzwxxpw4Bs&index=2&list=PLbmIKrgYlRboPSeESLrmeB4i22lVtrvmB

You could also find out the steps in the provided documentation.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Rich Hearn
    Participant

Hi

I’ve checked the Youtube video link. It only details how to create pages using the CUSTOM page template and not DEFAULT. Nor does your provided documentation detail this (hence me raising this support log).

So essentially, I cannot create a Page using DEFAULT page template and have this page displayed on the website using OrDomain theme. When I create a Page using DEFAULT, the page title is not displayed, the page text and inline images are displayed, the Featured Image is not displayed and none of the SIDEBAR widgets are displayed. So using DEFAULT page template is restricted in what can be displayed.

This also means that the only WIDGETS area that works in this template for PAGES is the FOOTER1 through FOOTER4 that display in the page footer. SIDEBAR widget will only display with POSTS.

I think it’s important that you include this in the template details, and in the provided documentation. Currently your WordPress documentation states (as in my original support ticket above) “Create any page using default template.” it should read “Create any page using default template. Be aware though, that this default template will not display Page title nor Featured Image nor Sidebar Widgets. Only Page text and inline images will be displayed”.

I would suggest that support for Page Title, Featured Image and SIDEBAR widget display for these pages is included in the WordPress Theme in future.

Hi Rich,

We are unable to understand that you are talking about. This is because, we have double checked everything and there has no issue with our theme with the default template of the page.

Please provide us your wp-admin access including this support topic link as reference using our Envato Market (themeforest) profile contact form https://themeforest.net/user/themelooks#contact (screenshot as reference http://prntscr.com/gkmr2r ) to review the issue to fix.

Moreover, there has no default sidebar on WordPress. The sidebar works based on a theme. WordPress also has a default theme called Twenty Seventeen and the sidebar works based on the theme when install the WordPress for the first time.

Furthermore, based on our theme UI and development process, there has no sidebar option in a page.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
happy hour