Parent menu element lost its link after adding a child menu element.

• Home
  • Topics
  • Parent menu element lost its link after adding a child menu element.
  • Support OnlineSat-Thu / 9:30am - 5:30pm (GMT +6)
  • Your Time Our Time

Support Home Support Home VirtuSky WordPress Theme Parent menu element lost its link after adding a child menu element.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ben
    Participant

Hi Support,

parent menu element lost its link after adding a child menu element.
    As soon as I add a submenu item to a main menu item, whether it’s a page or an individual link, the link to the main menu item will not work anymore. Instead of the link only a # is displayed, although before, without submenu item, the page call has worked quite normal.
    It works without problems with the standard theme “Twenty Nineteen”.

Hope you can help!

Best Geguards, Ben.

Hi Ben,

It’s not an issue, it’s a feature of the theme.

In the mobile/responsive menu on the responsive devices, the dropdown menu works/open when you will tap on the parent menu. If the parent menu has a link then the dropdown menu will not work/open. Because it will redirect you to the linked page. That’s why we did this as a feature.

However, if you think it does not work for you then you could ask for a refund.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Ben
    Participant

Okay, thanks for the confirmation. I was hoping that, as with other responsive themes, there are other ways to create your menu and how it should work. I suspect that ultimately it is the use of bootstrap which in this case is not flexible enough.

Hi Ben,

Yes, you are right, the theme menu developed based on the bootstrap nav.

Please update your rating & review.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Ben
    Participant

Hey Support Team,

I like to rate the theme better if it is actually better. There is certainly a solution to the problem described. Just pushing it on bootstrap is not professional and therefore does not deserve a better rating yet.

Best Regards,
    Ben

Nazmul
    Participant

Hi i am facing the same issue any work around this or any solution to use a plugin which will allow this to work.

Hi Nazmul,

We are really sorry to say that we didn’t try any plugin. In this issue, you could try with your own.

Moreover, please create your own topic without post a reply in someone else created posts. Because the post creator can feel bothered for getting unexpected notifications of every reply of his/her created post.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
happy hour