php setup on contact us form

• Support OnlineSat-Thu / 9:30am - 5:30pm (GMT +6)
  • Your Time Our Time

Support Home Support Home MFolio HTML5 Template php setup on contact us form

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ash Pallickal
    Participant

Hi There,

Could you please provide us help with php configuration for the contact us form. I see sendemail.php file, is it enough to just fill in the recipient name and email to that file or is there any other settings required?

define( “RECIPIENT_NAME”, “THE NAME ?” );
    define( “RECIPIENT_EMAIL”, “AND EMAIL HERE?” );

Anything else to process it?

Hi Ash,

There is nothing else to process it without the Name and Email.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Ash Pallickal
    Participant

Of course, we inserted the name and email in sendmail.php file, yet the message is not getting sent nor any error message showing up. It would be nice if you can explain it in detail, rather than just a one word answer.

Ash Pallickal
    Participant

Hi Ash,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We just found out that the homepage contact form of the template is not dynamic/working. Somehow we missed it to make dynamic/working.

We have fixed the issue and update the template on ThemeForest. Please download and use the updated template or use the below markup for the contact form to get the form working.

<div class="contact-form">
                           <form action="sendmail.php" method="post">
                                <div class="input_wrapper">
                                    <input name="email" type="text" placeholder="Your Email" required>
                                    <span class="line"></span>
                                </div>
                                    <input name="company" type="text" placeholder="Your Company" required>
                                </div>
                                    <textarea name="message" placeholder="Write Your Message"></textarea>
                                </div>
                                <button class="form-button">SEND US</button>
                            </form>
                            <div class="form-response"></div>
                        </div>

Please don’t forget to give us 5-Star ‘rating and review’ (on https://themeforest.net/downloads ), if you like our item and our support too. It will give us inspiration and make us more ‘happy’ to support.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Ash Pallickal
    Participant

Ok. you answered the issue about the response, now I can see the error message on the site. Which brings me back to my first question. It still throws “Message could not be sent” error. How to get a success message? What settings am I missing on the PHP file? Please check the image in the link below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JBnxfHrTGNC8a-7KReMAUL158wyIzPp5/view?usp=sharing

I have also used a business email there but no luck. Is there any other settings to be included in the PHP file to trigger the email and success message?

Do I have to input these below values?
    $mail->Host = ‘smtp.myhost.com’;
    $mail->SMTPAuth = true;
    $mail->Username = ‘myemail’;
    $mail->Password = ‘myemailpwd’;
    $mail->SMTPSecure = ‘tls’;
    $mail->Port = 587;

Can you please help me here? It’s been almost 3 days now. Please detail it as much as you can.

Sorry for the delay. Friday is our weekly holiday.

Could you please let us know your server PHP version?

Also, provide your website URL to review the issue to fix.

Moreover, there is no more setting needed to get working with the contact form for getting an email via the form.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Ash Pallickal
    Participant

Here you go:

PHP Version: PHP 7.1.17-0 ubuntu0.17.10.1

Website URL: https://dev.motordrip.com/#contact

Let me know if you need anything else.

Hi Ash,

Please provide a screenshot of your dev.motordrip.com folder to review the files that have there.

Please Note: The phpmailer folder and sendmail.php file must have there to work the contact form.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Ash Pallickal
    Participant

Of course all relevant files are present. It definitely has to do something with the missing codes in your files/folders (I think it has to do with the sendemail.php or contact_form.php codes).

Please find the screenshot of the files and folders in the dev.motordrip repo:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JBnxfHrTGNC8a-7KReMAUL158wyIzPp5/view?usp=sharing

Here is the screenshot of the sendemail.php file config:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_9npnbKXhAlKNpH07LhtAczAKhNFGZBM/view?usp=sharing

I guess you can simply check whether these files are present or not by opening the browser developer console. Anyways, please fix this issue asap.

Many thanks!

Hi Ash,

We are sorry to say that our template has no issues like this that need to be fixed and the contact form is fully working. You could check our template live demo as a reference.

It can be your server SMTP or other mailing setting issue. In this issue, please contact your hosting server provider to get assistance.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
happy hour