Possibility to build a 2nd instance of website

• Home
  • Topics
  • Possibility to build a 2nd instance of website
  • Support OnlineSat-Thu / 9:30am - 5:30pm (GMT +6)
  • Your Time Our Time

Support Home Support Home CVIT WordPress Theme Possibility to build a 2nd instance of website

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Daniel
    Participant

Hi…

im using the CVIT wordpress theme and i really like it. But there is one problem…

I like to have my website in 2 languages. Which means i basically like to duplicate the main page and just translate the content. Or create a second page and just add different content.

The problem is, that CVIT is not supporting multiple instances of the sections. so i cant e.g. just use another “About” section on a different page and change the content.

Is there any plans to introduce multiple instances of sections?
    Or is there maybe any workaround?
    Only solution right now might be installing a second wordpress under a different domain (or subdomain). But this cant be the right solution…

Im happy for any hint…

Hi Daniel,

In this issue, you could duplicate the whole homepage using this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ or create a new page, then add & use your needed sections on the page. However, in this way you will only able to change/translate the section’s content.

So, it will be best practice that install & use another WordPress in a sub-directory for the 2nd language (Example: http://www.yourdomain.com/en)

Moreover, you could use Loco Translate plugin to translate the theme’s files using our provided translate ready .pot file. This is because, our theme is fully translate ready.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Daniel
    Participant

Hi…
    thanks for the reply.
    Just to doublecheck: I can change the sections content, but there is no way to use a second portfolio or pricing table, right? So if i want to have an english and a german version of the portfolio i need to use a second wordpress installtion, correct?

Yes.

Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
happy hour