Top Level Navigation Button not linking to page

• Home
  • Topics
  • Top Level Navigation Button not linking to page
  • Support OnlineSat-Thu / 9:30am - 5:30pm (GMT +6)
  • Your Time Our Time

Support Home Support Home EcoHosting WordPress Theme Top Level Navigation Button not linking to page

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Hassan Ingram
    Participant

Hi Guys,

When I click a navigation menu with a drop down the top main one does not link to correct page, instead, it just links to #

Could you let me know how the drop down menus can be changed so the top menu and first button link to correct page?

Thanks

Hi There,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We are listing the issue in our theme update list. We will fix the issue in our next update of the theme.

Please wait with patience for the next update of the theme.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

John
    Participant

I still have this issue? surely its been fixed now??

Hi John,

Please use the updated theme to get rid of the issue.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

John
    Participant

thanks for the reply, when did you update it ? i am using version 2.9 ? for some reason it also says free file of the march 2019 but i did buy it, where do i put the licence key?

thanks!

Hi John,

We are really sorry for the misunderstanding.

However, it’s not an issue, it’s a feature of the theme.

In the mobile/responsive menu on the responsive devices, the dropdown menu works/open when you will tap on the parent menu. If the parent menu has a link then the dropdown menu will not work/open. Because it will redirect you to the linked page. That’s why we did this as a feature.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

John
    Participant

can i get an update please site is unusable the way you have programmed your navigation.

John
    Participant

the menu on DESKTOP shows this same behaviour. For mobile you should allo a different menu for the hamburger to prevent that issue.

In this issue, you could contact our sales team to get a quote using our website contact form for the customization service.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

John
    Participant

customize?? them theme is BROKEN as it is now on a desktop view based on the way you have programmed it?? see attached video.

you will see the links do NOT work on Desktop view. this is broken functionality and needs to be fixed.

As we confirmed before, this is not an issue it’s a feature of the theme. When you use the dropdown menu then the parent menu link will automatically be # to open the dropdown menu on click.

Moreover, there has no different coding for mobile and desktop view. So, the feature will work similarly for both for mobile and desktop view.

In this issue, you could review our theme live demo as a reference.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

John
    Participant

have a look at generatepress, they do mobile menu by adding a arrow to click on. also most other mobile responsive menus for wordpress do this too… why dont you do it too and improve what is already a decent theme?

Hi John,

Thanks for your suggestion. We have listed this in our theme update list as a feature request.

However, it’s not possible to do that at this moment. Because it will break our existing clients’ websites when the theme will update. If we do that we have to change everything, the script for the menu, the markup, and CSS. So, it will definitely break existing clients’ websites.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
happy hour