Translation issues

• Support OnlineSat-Thu / 9:30am - 5:30pm (GMT +6)
  • Your Time Our Time

Support Home Support Home ForumUS phpbb 3.3.x Style Translation issues

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anouk Pitat
    Participant

Hello, I will have several questions: I have installed the French language on my forum, but there are some things that are translated approximately, if at all. It is quite penalizing. In addition, some strings are capitalized with each word, which greatly disrupts the readability of the text. Could you help me solve these problems?

Hi Anouk,

Please provide us some screenshot of your issues and your forum URL to review the issue.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Anouk Pitat
    Participant

Hello to you
    Here is a screenshot of my concerns : http://lceforum.newquest.fr/translation-issues.png
    To access the forum, it may be complicated: I ask my boss if I can provide my access!
    Thank you in advance for your answers

Anouk Pitat
    Participant

Hello again, I will have another question: I need to put different icons for each category / subject. I thought I could use the “forum image” option for this, but it did not show anything, even though I disabled the icons in the code. Could you help me please ?

First of all, your provided screenshot link asks for login.

Moreover, for both of your issues, you need to hire someone else phpBB expert to customize the style/theme based on your needs.

Furthermore, please learn more our support policy (item support includes & not includes), here https://www.themelooks.com/support/support-policy/ before post a topic or ask for support.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Anouk Pitat
    Participant

Hello. Sorry for the screeshot, here it is visible : Translation issues

In terms of customization, thank you I manage: I just wanted to understand why the images of the forums do not display when I make them that they should.

For the sake of translations: I did exactly what you advise, I went to check in the language file, everything seems good, I do not understand why some words do not translate and why I have capital letters to every word start …

If you can just explain to me why, after I manage … Otherwise I do not understand your policy of “support”.

Thank you

We are really sorry to say that, we are unable to help with your translation issue.

Moreover, please follow the steps below to remove the capitalization issue.

Edit the /theme/forumus-style.css file:
    1. Find the selector: .topic-sidebar-widget--statistics p
    2. Remove/Comment the css property: text-transform: capitalize;

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Anouk Pitat
    Participant

Hi there !
    Thank you for your answer, it’s much better as well.
    However, my translation problems still block me: how come I still have words in English, while all my language is in French?
    In addition, I have a problem with the date, which is everywhere in an English format, while it is specified in the French format in the admin of my forum?
    Here are the access to forum + admin if you want to see:

POPUP =
    Login :admin_lce
    Password : n3QbtzvN

ADMIN =
    Login : admin_lce
    Password : NvjoIZ789fj516fdgvA1

Thanx and have a good day !

Hi Anouk,

In this issue, we could suggest you to try phpBB default theme Prosilver to check out your translation & date issues.

Moreover, please learn more our support policy (item support includes & not includes), here https://www.themelooks.com/support/support-policy/ before post a topic or ask for support.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
happy hour