Using FoodBook in Real Life Situations

• Support OnlineSat-Thu / 9:30am - 5:30pm (GMT +6)
  • Your Time Our Time

Support Home Support Home FoodBook Using FoodBook in Real Life Situations

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    toneee
    Participant

My client is discouraged because FoodBook doesn’t appear to be ready for real world scenarios. I will explain:

In the real world, restaurants are using services like UberEats, which includes a tablet, printer and an audible notification when customers successfully place paid orders. I am confused how FoodBank can be a viable option; perhaps I am missing documentation that explains this.

The restaurant needs to be able to know when new orders arrive. I suspect this is handled using wp-admin/admin.php?page=foodbook-branch-order, but:

1. does this page refresh automatically?
    2. does this page make an audible chime when an order arrives? If not, how will the restaurant know when to cook an order???
    3. Will the WordPress admin time-out and require the admin to have to relogin after so many minutes?
    4. Are orders printable? Can they automatically print out?

This plugin is a good start, but I am nervous that it hasn’t been created by actual restaurant owners and the nuances of running a restaurant- especially during a pandemic where delivery may be a business’ only lifeline- may not be met using this plugin. Can you shed some light on the above items?

Thanks.

Dear toneee,

1. does this page refresh automatically?
    – Yes, the admin, branch manager, kitchen manager, and delivery boy dashboards refresh automatically. Please download and use the updated plugin and check this out.

2. does this page make an audible chime when an order arrives? If not, how will the restaurant know when to cook an order???
    – It has an audible system. When a new order placed then it shows a popup notification with sound on admin, branch manager, and kitchen manager dashboards. Please download and use the updated plugin and check this out.

3. Will the WordPress admin time-out and require the admin to have to relogin after so many minutes?
    – We are sorry to say that there is no relation to WordPress admin time-out with FoodBook. FoodBook is a plugin/food ordering system for WordPress. You will get so many security plugins to use that do this.

4. Are orders printable? Can they automatically print out?
    – Yes, the orders are printable. You will get the print button in the invoice to print. However, it’s not automatically print out.

Moreover, a plugin can’t fulfill everyone’s needs and it’s impossible too. You can think about the Woocommerce (the e-commerce system for WordPress) plugin. We developed FoodBook for Woocommerce. Why? Because Woocommerce also has so many limitations and you can’t do anything you need with the Woocommerce plugin.

If you want everything based on your needs then you could hire our developers to make a custom plugin based on your needs and requirements.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

toneee
    Participant

Thank you for the prompt and thorough answers. The most important items are covered, and that’s what matters most. 👍🏾

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I am having same issue with sound notification. It only make sound when I click on new order tab in admin. It doesn’t not come through automatically when order is placed. Can this be adjusted? Thanks

Dear Manny,

Please these settings https://prnt.sc/wbc6g8 for New Order Notification Audio.

Moreover, as we mentioned in our reply “When a new order placed then it shows a popup notification with sound on admin, branch manager, and kitchen manager dashboards. Please download and use the updated plugin and check this out.”

Please check out FoodBook Documentation https://themelooks.net/documentation/plugin/foodbook/ for other settings.

Furthermore, Please create your own topic instead of posting a reply to someone else created posts. Because the post creator can feel bothered for getting unexpected notifications of every reply of his/her created post.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
happy hour