Variant pricing not updating when selected

• Home
  • Topics
  • Variant pricing not updating when selected
  • Support OnlineSat-Thu / 9:30am - 5:30pm (GMT +6)
  • Your Time Our Time

Support Home Support Home FoodBook Variant pricing not updating when selected

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    toneee
    Participant

I’ve had this issue in the past, and I am hoping we can lay this issue to rest once and for all.

The restaurant wants the ability to add “extras” to a particular order. (For example, extra chicken in a sweet and sour dish.) There appears to be no way to add more than one attribute to a product. To get around this, we added the extra meat under the same attribute. In the below example, charge $2 more for extra beef, totaling $14:

However, the customer-facing site does not show pricing at all now. Sometimes it does, other times it does not. As you can see, no pricing is displayed to the right of the Extra Beef variant and the Total Price has not updated to $14:
    Variant is not properly calculating

Once again, WooCommere properly calculates each variant, but FoodBook does not. Can you please explain why FoodBook fails to calculate attributes properly?

Thanks.

Dear toneee,

We are sorry to say that FoodBook only supports global attributes for a variable product, it does not support custom attributes.

Please check this article https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/variable-product/ to know steps by steps on how to create a variable product using global attributes.

Moreover, you could use the “Add Features” option https://prnt.sc/u1hic4 of FoodBook. Also, please download and use the updated plugin.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

toneee
    Participant

The pricing was working properly and stopped working suddenly. If the price doesn’t update per variant, it renders the plugin useless.

Also, your “Add Feature” function doesn’t work. I updated the plugin to version 3.3 today, but that has no bearing on the aforementioned errors.

Is there any way you can actually login and fix this? We are losing a lot of time and the client is becoming increasingly impatient.

Thanks.

Add Features does not work

Dear toneee,

You are using our plugin from November 2020. As you mentioned, the pricing was working properly and stopped working suddenly.

So please let us know what was changed on your website before? It can be a plugin confliction issue.

Moreover, our plugin does not have any issue like this. You can test it with a fresh installation.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

toneee
    Participant

Actually, we updated your plugin before confirming the error again. Then, we deactivated all plugins to isolate the issue and FoodBook still does not work. Can you please literally go in there and fix the issue for us?

FoodBook doesn't work, even if WooCommerce is the only other plugin.

toneee
    Participant

I think I figured out the bug:

If the admin includes special characters in the global attribute term, your plugin sanitizes it and erroneously tries to match a term slug that doesn’t exist. For example, FoodBook sanitizes the label (Extra Chicken (+2)) which will result to (extra-chicken-2), and when compared to the variations available, that doesn’t exist. I believe your method of sanitizing needs to be reviewed.

Attribute terms can't contain special characters like $ or () using FookBook.

Dear toneee,

We are investigating the issue. Please wait with patience for our further response.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Dear toneee,

We found out the issue. It’s your attribute slug issue. The slug doesn’t match with your attribute. That’s why it’s not working. Maybe you edited the attribute name but the attribute slug was not edited/changed. Please update the slug based on the attribute name or delete the existing one and create a new attribute with the same name.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
happy hour