Version 2 Findings

• Support OnlineSat-Thu / 9:30am - 5:30pm (GMT +6)
  • Your Time Our Time

Support Home Support Home WhatsIPs Version 2 Findings

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    bece74
    Participant

Hi again.

Thank you for solving most of my problems. I still have 1 issue and a few suggestions:

1. If you add more than 2 pages under the menu structure, they become garbled, they begin to show url’s for other items. The enumeration script seems to have a problem while populating the items there. I know it sounds silly, but I always end up with garbled menu items somehow. Can you please check this carefully as it is not easy to catch this. (ex: imagine you have 3 top menu items, all having submenus which link to pages, when there are more then 3 items under 1 menu, the url’s and pages do not match)
    2. There should be a way to re-order menu items.
    3. For the login screen you can add re-captcha for additional security. This can also be applied to the main page to stop abuse in the form of hidden re-captcha.
    4. Can you add a means to inject scripts to head body and footer sections ? I know you added google analytics, but we may need more flexibility.

Thanks in advance.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by bece74.

Hi There,

1. Please provide your website URL to review the issue. Because we didn’t find any issue like this with our latest version of the script. Did you completely update the latest version of the script on your website?

2, 3, 4. We have listed these in our script update list.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

bece74
    Participant

Hi,
    Can you provide me an e-mail address so I can send the url and the username password, as well as access to the database ?

Hi There,

We got your email.

Could you please confirm, did you reinstalled the latest version of the script on your website or you any customization after reinstallation?

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

bece74
    Participant

I installed the 2.0 version, did not update, installed from scratch.
    I did not do any real customization other than playing with css colours etc.

Did you import any pages or menu or any old database/table from your old installation?

We have seen the issue on your server but we can’t figure out the issue because we have double checked our script our script running smoothly in our installation and we didn’t find any issue like that.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

bece74
    Participant

No, it was a clean install. Could this be related to database collation ? Mine is utf8mb4_unicode_ci , whereas when setting up it sets up sth like swedish, I cannot remember now. I changed mine to utf8mb4_unicode_ci because some fields did not let me use special characters in my language.
    Is my database structure ok ?
    Do you have any suggestions ?

bece74
    Participant

OK, I think I found the problem.

The menu automatically sorts names from A to Z, so when I add submenus (from the menu list screen) like:
    1- Menu Name, 2- Menu Name ,

the order is correct and items do not get mixed. So, somewhere in the script this sorting function should be disabled ?

I am hoping you can verify this.

We are trying to figure out the issue because there is no ordering issue like you mentioned with the script and without shorting the menu working smoothly on our side.

We will let you know if we figure out the issue.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Hi There,

We have downloaded all of your files and database and installed it on our server http://whatsips.com/cus_test/ to figure out the issue. However, we didn’t find any issues like that on our server. You could also check out the issue on our server to login here http://whatsips.com/cus_test/login by using your login credentials.

Maybe it’s your server caching issue.

Please check the issue on our server and confirm us. After then we will delete the installation.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

bece74
    Participant

This is surely something to do with my server setup.
    You can delete the installation.
    Many thanks for your efforts.

Thanks for your appreciation.

Best Regards,
    ThemeLooks Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
happy hour