As we can see you have customized the theme based on your needs. So, it’s can be an issue for something wrong of your customization Or it’s a conflict with a 3rd party plugin that you are using except our required & recommended plugins.
In this issue, please disable 3rd party plugins, because most issues are caused by a plugin conflict.
I really did everything good
and nothing wrong
installed the new version
activated the good plugins
have not changed anything
can you check please why?
I think its the theme its self that has a problem
try the theme with another website
and set the beta version
and you will see that it does not work
First of all, our the has no issue like this. You could check out one of our customers website https://www.yosasoftware.com/ as a reference. Also, you could check out our theme live demo.
In this issue, you could follow the steps below.
1. Please make sure you have the latest version of WordPress and update your hosting server PHP version to minimum 5.6.25 or newer. ***recommended***
2. Clean your full database “OR” reinstall a new WordPress with a new database
3. Then install the theme (follow the steps from the provided documentation)
4. Then install all of the required plugins (follow the steps from the provided documentation)
5. Then active all of the installed plugins (follow the steps from the provided documentation)
6. Then import all of the demo data (wait until all of the demo data are imported completely)
7. Please follow the steps from the provided documentation to setup the menu properly in the proper way.
ThemeLooks Support Team
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
We are Pro in giving out-of-the-box User Experience and Web Development Solutions. We’re a team of professionals designing and developing the most exclusive themes and website templates. We understand small business and startups because we are one.
At ThemeLooks, it is all about pushing the creative boundaries.